: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Sonnefleurs, and punkins, and tie dye... oh my...

Monday, October 29, 2018

I am so thankful that finally, I have restored my spirit and soul and am getting back to my old wandering self.  I suppose it helps to have a partner who has also just been through some life changes that mirror my own and has also just regained his sense of adventure.  Yes, My Sun and Stars and I decided to get into the spirit of the season over the weekend by wandering out to a pumpkin patch.  

The initial plan was to find a place where we could pick pumpkins off the vine (he's never done it and that's all I've ever done), and while we were unsuccessful, we found the cutest little farm!  Seriously... there was even a black cat slinking around.  When we arrived, we were the only people there, so we had the chance to get in a walkabout and take some photos.  I loved that all of the pumpkins are grown locally and organically.  The farmers have even developed a lovely symbiotic relationship with some squirrels on the property: they leave the smushed up pumpkins out and the squirrels happily devour them in preparation for hibernation, but somehow, leave all of the pumpkins that are still for sale alone!  

It was just another magical day with a magical person in a magical place! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the necklace is handmade
: the top is fair trade and was purchased at a small local business
: the bracelets are handmade
: the rings are handmade







SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment