: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with chaYkra...

Sunday, October 14, 2018


Ok, I'm not gonna lie... I've been seriously slacking on my yoga practice.  I know that getting home from work and hitting the mat is probably the best thing I could possibly do for myself, but what can I say?  My average workday has been between 12-15 hours (that's a LOT of time spent in a middle school), so basically when I get home, I'm lucky if I manage to spent a few minutes in child's pose before zonking out for the night. 

That being said, something that always kicks up my level of motivation is something sustainable and fabulous.  This is where England-based company, chaYkra comes in (i.e. the name stands for: Creative, Holistic, Aura, You, Karma, Respect, Authentic).  I connected with them on Instagram several months ago and immediately fell in love with they way that all of their garments are inspired by India.  People who know me well know that visiting India has been on my bucket list since I was a tiny pumpkin, but I've yet to make it happen.  To fill the void, I've tried to surround myself with bits and bobs that are inspired by the Far East.  

Obviously, these harems totally fit the bill.  To make things even better, they're made of GOTS certified fair trade cotton.  They are insanely comfortable and were perfect to wear to sleep and then roll out of bed in for a quick morning yoga sesh.  

I'm also a huge fan of this "Balance" tank.  As a Libra, balance is an integral part of my life, so I enjoyed being able to display it to the world.  I finished off this cozy fair trade look with a yoga bra that is soft and cozy.  

Yes, my friends, I think that it's safe to say that this ensemble was just what I needed to hit the mat again... Now, stay tuned... I have another fabulous yoga outfit that I'll be styling into an outfit that's perfect for work and will allow me to simply de-accessorize before getting my chakras re-aligned during the work week! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top is fair trade and organic
: the bra is fair trade and organic
: the harems are fair trade and organic
: the bracelet is handmade







Post Comment
Post a Comment