: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Butterflies and thankfulness...

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Gratitude has been on my mind quite a bit over the last few weeks.  My Sun and Stars and I have combined out homeroom classes and we have been creating a series of lessons about global events and cultures in an effort to foster more empathy.  We've also used these lessons to help students learn to focus on the positives in their lives and in doing so, I've found myself being much more mindful about the good in my life.  

Honestly, My Sun and Stars has become such a huge source of joy in my life and I am so insanely grateful to him.  For real.  

We live near a magical invertebrate museum called the Butterfly Pavilion.  I've always been a huge fan of butterflies because not only are they lovely to look at, they are fragile but strong and experience an incredible degree of change in a short span of time.  Over Thanksgiving break, I developed a fun and exciting cold from which I really only got relief if I was in a hot, humid shower, so I thought that a trip to the hot, humid Butterfly Pavilion might be a great way to get out of the house and feel better.  When we arrived, I'd planned to buy an annual membership, but My Sun and Stars had already bought one for me!  

Seriously... he's so thoughtful.  I am so thankful.  I don't know how I got so lucky! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top was thrifted and up-cycled/tie dyed
: the jeans were thrifted
: the boots were thrifted
: the bag is handmade and fair trade 
: the earrings were handmade from sustainably-harvested butterfly wings
: the bracelets were handmade








Jeans = thrifted
Booties = thrifted
Post Comment
Post a Comment