: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Peace up, A-Town, Down...

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Happy 2019, y'all!  I've written before about how many of the experiences that I had in 2018 taught me one thing: Change will always happen. 

While 2018 repeatedly chewed me up and spat me out at work and in my personal life, my move from Vegas to Denver was probably the best thing I possibly could have done.  I was in a place where I felt unloveable and that all I could do was the bare minimum to get by (and even that wasn't easy), when my SunStars (see Instagram for more snaps of him) literally walked into my life and has been steadily by my side ever since.  

We fell for one another rather quickly and within the first couple of weeks of being acquainted, were making some big plans.  Something that we joked about were our plans for winter break.  My home base is near Chicago and his home is near Atlanta, so we teased one another about my flying to my home, his driving to his home, then him flying to me on his birthday just after Christmas, and then having both of us fly to Atlanta for a few days before driving back to Denver.  

... and then we actually did it! 

Yes, Green Bees... it really wasn't the most eco-friendly plan we could have made, but as I write this, I've been back in my apartment for about two hours and am totally in awe of all of the territory we've just managed to cover.  

The snaps here were of our few hours in Atlanta with his mum.  Of course, me being me, I turned to Pinterest for some ideas on where to go and what to see and I came up with the Tiny Doors of ATL.   Neither SunStars nor his mum had heard of these adorable little art installations that have been scattered around town.  We managed to track down 5 of the 15 of them that are currently in existence, but we also ended up in areas that they have never explored!  

If you find yourself in ATL for a short while, I highly recommend checking out a few doors!    










Post Comment
Post a Comment