: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

"Fancy PJs" = acceptable outfits for going in public in the summer... right?

Monday, July 22, 2019

Ok, ok... I know I wrote yesterday all about how great it's been to schedule small adventures into public so that I could wear something other than wear PJs, but here I am featuring what I like to call my "fancy PJs."  Here's the thing:  I put on jewelry and shoes, so that officially makes this an outfit.  If nothing else, it officially makes it a summer outfit because: 

1) It's incredibly comfortable.
2) It's expandable so I can start out feeling huge, eat too much, get even bigger, and still kind of look put together in a very laid back sort of way. 
3) It's sustainable!  The tee was made from bamboo, the trousers were thrifted, and all of the jewelry is handmade and fair trade. 

For real, y'all, I was able to wear this to run a few condo-flipping errands, and then when the projects were done, I crashed on the couch with a library book and a decaf iced tea and was totally content.  Sounds like just what one needs in the summer, if you ask me!  Scroll down to the bottom for more details on what I'm wearing.  The tee comes in several colors (and I've ended up with all of them and cannot wait to showcase them in the coming days). 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tee is made of bamboo
: the necklace is fair trade and handmade
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade
: the trousers are thrifted







Post Comment
Post a Comment