: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Inspire Active Wear...

Sunday, November 19, 2017

I am very pleased, on this #SustainableSunday, to announce that I've teamed up once more with Barbara from Inspire Active Wear to share with you some more amazing and eco-friendly leggings.  Barbara is truly an artist and enjoys turning every day things into amazing and aesthetic prints and then turns those prints into leggings, made in the USA from recycled plastic bottles.  

That's right!  If you've been a reader here for a while, you'll know how much I love wearing my plastic bottle leggings and telling the world about them.  Ever since discovering in an intro to fashion design class my freshman year of college (over a decade ago), I've been obsessed with the notion that recyclable items can be re-created as something totally different from their initial form. 

These particular leggings (and the matching headband) have already become a staple in my workout wardrobe.  The pattern is called "Ripples" and up close it looks just like ripples on the surface of a pond.  I especially love wearing these pieces in the desert, as they help me create my own personal little oasis.  Something not photographed here is the inspirational message that is printed on the inside of the waist band.  The inside of these leggings say, "May your little ripples cause big waves" and I absolutely love it.  

I kind of want to adopt the quote as my own personal mantra.  Not mentioned lately, is that I've had a real need for self-care and change and through the journey to re-claiming my own personal health, I've come to realize that it's truly ok if I'm not able to move mountains.  Simply moving stones out of the way is enough, and if I manage to move enough of them, in the end I have in fact, moved a mountain. 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the leggings and headband are locally made from recycled plastic water bottles
: the tank donates back to education initiatives
: the necklace is handmade
: the bracelets are handmade
: the sandals are made from recycled yoga mat material



 



SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment