: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Waves upon waves...

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

As y'all will know if we're Instagram buddies (are we Instagram buddies?  Leave me a comment and let me know), I got to spend spring break hanging out on the beach with my family.  I was so incredibly excited to finally have the opportunity to wear my ocean conservation tee from Pamut (read my #SustainableSunday review HERE) actually at the ocean.  

This vacation particularly renewed my love of the ocean because I ended up spending quite a bit of my time surrounded by dolphins, whales, seals, and I picked up quite a bit of trash.  Just about any time that seaweed was pushed ashore, I found myself digging through it and pulling out pieces of plastic straws, bits of balloons, even a plastic toy pig!  I even picked up a chair cushion that washed up on the beach.  Don't even get me started on the number of plastic bottles, chip bags, and plastic water bottle tops.  

I suppose what I'm getting at here is that it's more important than ever to cut down on the amount of waste we're creating to keep the ocean safe.  I can't imagine living in a world where when I go to the beach, instead of spotting a pod of dolphins, all I see are floating islands of trash.  Wearing clothes that can start conversations about caring for the environment is a great way to begin to affect change.  Also, I've found that it's rather fun to wear my interests (errr... heart) on my sleeve (ehem... tee).    


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tee was locally made from certified organic and plant-based materials
: the sunglasses are made from sustainable wood
: the earrings are handmade and fair trade
: the necklace is handmade
: the bracelets are all handmade
: the trousers were purchased at a locally-owned small business




^ I was doing tree post and then my dad/photographer asked me to pretend to be the ocean! 



SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment