: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

When your donut run turns into a photoshoot...

Monday, May 25, 2020

School's out for summer!  School's out for... well... we don't actually know how long... but it's ok, because it means that now we have more time to do a bit of local, socially-distanced exploring.  

... and we can do it in actual trousers and other rather intentional pieces of clothing. 

Before going back to work (post maternity leave), I'd made a thrift store run to try to help me find a few new-to-me pieces that would make me feel a bit more at home in my mama body.  I totally hit the jackpot, spent over an hour in the closet putting together good teacher outfits with my thrifted pieces, and then since I was only back for 2 weeks before the-virus-that-shall-not-be-named hit and closed us down, these fun teacher outfits ended up hanging in my closet while I lived out weeks in pajamas. 

After getting a little bit of a sleep in on our first day of summer vacation, we decided to go on a donut run.  After discovering a wall of hand-painted murals, said donut run turned into a bit of a photoshoot, so I was glad that I'd swapped out my loungewear for this teacher outfit I'd planned to wear during the week before spring break. 

... I may need to repeat this outfit if school meets in person again next year.  I love the way that my thrifted blouse (it's an XL and I'm a small, so I sewed some pleats in the back to take it in a bit) paired with this Kantha jewelry from World Finds!   I just hope that by the time the world aligns again and I can do my job outside of the home, I'll be more accustomed to wearing things like jeans... and shoes... so I'll be a bit more on balance, because yes, I almost fell down as the last photo of this post was being taken.  It is hard to shoe these days.


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top was thrifted
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the necklace is fair trade and handmade from recycled fabric scraps
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade from recycled fabric scraps






Top = thrifted
Post Comment
Post a Comment