: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

The great American Euro-road-trip...

Saturday, July 27, 2013



Oh la la, tout le monde, ce matin, we packed up the Mustang and hit the Autobahn and headed for France!  We have some time to travel and have decided to take a bit of a road trip with very little planned other than when we are staying where!  I've decided to keep you on your toes and not tell you where we're going until we've already been there!  Muahahaha!

Today, for Day 1, we spent the afternoon in Nancy, France where I chowed down a beignet and a crepe Nutella!  We found Donkey Kong, wandered through a large peacock-filled public garden and saw the biggest tree I have ever seen in my whole entire life.  Legit.  The size of this tree did not translate well into a photograph, so you'll have to take my word for it.  

After our sugary snack, we hopped back into the car and zoomed to Dijon (yes... the home of the mustard).  The city is lovely, but definitely not meant to be driven in.  There are pedestrian roads everywhere and it took us about 2 hours to find our hotel.  Now, I suppose I should mention that we do NOT have a GPS and are using an incredibly vague map (it likes to give some streets names and forget about others) and some uber sketchy Google Maps directions... so basically... it was a miracle that we made it!  

Dijon is an adorable town.  There are sidewalk cafes everywhere, a crazy random carousel in one of the squares, fountains all over the place, an Arc de Triomphe, and my personal favourite... the owl trails.  I don't know if they're actually called this, but on the sidewalks are little triangles with owls on them.  You follow the owls to landmarks and it is a lovely way to get to see the city without getting lost.  One of the owls is actually a stone owl on the side of a church.  Local legend has it that if you touch it with your left hand and make a wish, it will come true.  I was trying to share bits of this story with Trip (since I read about it on another blog last week) but he didn't believe me until a local walked by with his dog and touched it!  

Fingers crossed that my wish comes true! We're hitting the road bright and early in the morning! 












Follow with Blog Lovin!

46 comments on "The great American Euro-road-trip... "
  1. OMG SOOOOOOO jealous :( you should have taken me with you. I took French in college. I don't remember much but I took two years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've lost so much! It took me days to become brave enough to start chatting with locals!

      Delete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Fabulous outfit!

    xo, Delightful Sunflower

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you're having such a blast! I'm glad that the move went well and that you're having a good time. If you remember, a trip to Oberkirch, Germany in the spring for their Erdbeerfest (strawberry festival) is a must! Also, there's the Shauenburg castle ruins at the top of a hill and a beautiful beer garden. Definitely worth the hike. Have fun on your road trip!

    The Kimmie Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much to see! We'll start taking weekend/day trips in Germany once the road trip is over! We actually had time go out into the world to explore!

      Delete
  4. LOVE! Keep the photos coming :) France is one of my all time favorite places to travel.

    xo, K

    BKCsquared

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog so much! All of your photos are always so fun! Nice post (:

    Gen | raspberry-notes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gen! I try to keep things silly/happy/fun/interesting around here! Glad to hear I'm doing my job!

      Delete
  6. Looks like your having alot of fun! :) The pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE all of your pics - looks like you are having a fabulous time in France!! o funny to spot Donkey Kong there too :)

    Tracy
    www.TracysNotebookofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep! Soldier Boy spotted DK. I've seen other tiled images like that, but they usually look like the ghosts from Pacman. I was surprised to see Donkey Kong!

      Delete
  8. Looks amazing!

    http://www.lost-in-wonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Europe! I'd like to visit more places in France, its just looks so lovely. I'm excited to hear about your day 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day 2 is up... I'm posting things all out of order now! I can't keep them straight in my head anymore!

      Delete
  10. You are gorgeous, and what beautiful pictures! :)
    Xx, www.heyitslulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so wonderful. I'm so jealous and you look fantastic!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like you guys have a lot of fun! enjoy europe! and don´t drive too fast on the autobahn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... we always end up getting tickets on the A-bahn! I don't think any speed cameras have caught us yet! Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  13. Holy gorgeous pictures, Batman! Have fun on your American Euro-Road-Trip, pretty lady!

    http://kitschvixen.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit! And the pics are great :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um yeah I'm like living vicariously through your blog! That sounds amazing. Of course there's a carousel in the middle of the square. :)
    xoxo Aimee
    Bows&Beau-ties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are carousels everywhere! Seriously... I think just about every town we've stopped in so far has had one!

      Delete
  16. You're having such a grand adventure! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We truly are! We've seen so much! I wish I weren't so backed up in posting photos!

      Delete
  17. Love all the pictures!!! Looks like you are having the best time!!! Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to keep them coming... slowly and wifi-in-foreign-countries-but surely...

      Delete
  18. Omg, u look amazing..the outfit, hair...
    Im your new follower!
    If you would follow me back-i will be so happy!
    Have a good day..
    Kisses from UK..

    www.inmartinasheaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you take a look at Portugal too :)

    http://limiteditionblog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get there, eventually! I'm going to run out of money if I keep traveling like this!

      Delete
  20. Hi, thank you following and adding..
    Love your blog!
    Kisses xx

    www.inmartinasheaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. NIce pics :D

    http://www.valstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such gorgeous photos! You're making me miss France! Hope you're having your fill of crepes, there are so many flavours to try!

    ReplyDelete