: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Where cool water flows…

Wednesday, July 22, 2015


"Well, take me back down where cool water flow, yeah.
Let me remember things I love.
Stoppin' at the log where catfish bite, 
Walkin' along the river road at night,
Barefoot girls dancing' in the moonlight"

I kind of love Creedence Clearwater Revival.  I know.  I'm a nerd.  But the song "Green River" totally fits this experience.  These snaps are from the 4th of July weekend.  SB and I hopped in the car and drove down to Bavaria to see some sites.  We stayed in a B&B outside of the village of Bad Reichenall and opted to walk as much as we possibly could.  On our first night, we headed into town to get some good local beer and cuisine and on our way back, we just had to walk down to the riverside to skip some rocks.

It was probably the worst possible thing I could do with a torn meniscus and not knee brace, but it was so refreshing to wiggle our toes in the freezing cold water and reset just before bed.

Also… how awesome is this spooky fog?











17 comments on "Where cool water flows… "
  1. So beautiful (as usual)! Your tattoo is gorgeous, I've never noticed it before! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That tattoo doesn't get to come out and play enough! I often forget that I have it!

      Delete
  2. Lovely! www.elationofcreation.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun, great pics. and that water looks so refreshing. Love the blouse. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys should climb to the top of that mountain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We climbed a few other mountains a few days later. Well… drove to a bus to an elevator, but then we climbed a bit!

      Delete
  5. You look amazing. Love your style and the location.

    xx Jessy Kleidermädchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like such a peaceful place to wander and take in your surroundings. Beautiful photos, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the greatest place to chill out. The water was freeeeeezing!

      Delete
  7. The scenery is amazing! Looks like you guys had fun!
    On a different note, have you ever been to Bruges? We're thinking of a little trip there in winter and I was just wondering if you had any tips/recommendations of things to do and see? :) xxx
    www.justemma.co.uk - natural beauty, affordable fashion, everyday life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to Bruges. It was a quick drive through, but we went up to the top of the clock tower and stuffed ourselves with waffles. I think I have a blog post about it on my : Travels : page!

      Delete
    2. Great, thank you, I'll check it out. :) xxx

      Delete