: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Lakeshore Dry Goods...

Sunday, October 1, 2017


I have to preface this post by saying that I'm usually not someone who ever feels the need to go out and buy the latest whatever.  I usually try to just use what I have on hand, but then I received an email from Lakeshore Dry Goods asking me if I'd like to try out their organic cotton hair towels and just like that, my life changed. 

Really.  

I'm not even kidding you. 

I'm a rather small person and chopped off 15" of my hair in July, but I refuse to use a hair dryer unless I'm in a crazy rush, so that means that I usually step out of the shower, put on a robe, and wind my big huge bath towel up on top of my head to start absorbing moisture from my hair and then try, as best as I can to continue to get ready for the next phase of my day.  Usually, in this process, the towel unwinds and I have to put up a fight to get it back where I want it and by then, my hair is at an awkward stage of drying and I know I'll have to either get it all wet again or bust out the curling iron when it's totally dry.  

This is definitely not the case with my new Sunrise Bliss hair towel.  It is soft.  It is stretchy.  It is lightweight.  It stays in place when I wind it up so I can actually do things like cook breakfast or do my nails or get dressed without having to battle an inanimate object that is set on de-railing my routine (phew!). All of the towels in the Sunrise Bliss collection are made with organic cotton that is Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified, so you know it's good.  The soft fabric helps to reduce frizz and hair breakage and the light weight (compared to a typical terrycloth towel) has done wonders for my neck and a recent back injury.  It is also a handmade product, so you know that when you purchase one, Pam in Petoskey, Michigan does a little happy dance, and the world can use a few more happy dances!  

These towels would also be great for hiking, exercise classes, or chemo support gifts.  I'm also considering seeing if I can fashion mine into a headband or if I can wear it as an actual turban with my hair down, dried, and styled.  

Be sure to check out all of the fun prints from Lakeshore Dry Goods (I've heard that there may be a new floral coming soon) and stick around... the Universe is telling me that a giveaway is right around the corner... 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the towel is handmade with organic cotton
: the tank is made with organic cotton
: the hipsters are made with organic cotton



^ Also, a quick shoutout to this undergarment set!  The tank and hipsters were made with certified organic cotton that are super soft and allow the skin to breathe.  The fibers were made without pesticides or chemical dyes, which is great for both the environment and your skin, as well! 



SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment