: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

The month of May... teacher style...

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

The month of May when you're a teacher is unlike the month of May if you have any other profession... especially when your school year ends before the end of the month.  

Holy stromboli, friends, this is going to be one brief post because I've suddenly found myself to be completely buried under a never-ending mountain of paperwork and with all of the end-of-the year activities going on both before and after school, time has become a truly precious commodity.  

That being said, even though for this whole week I've both felt and looked like the zombie bride of Frankenstein, 'cos you know, 2 AM is a great time to write lesson plans and work on job applications (have I mentioned lately that I'm trying to hit the road again?), I have tried to give myself just 10 minutes a day to be outside enjoying being outside (holy run-on sentence).  

Today, I ended up in a bit of a time crunch and didn't make it out to the desert, as I would have liked to do, but I was able to squeeze in just a bit of outdoor time with some groovy trees and a few blossomy bushes.  You know what?  It was worth it!  It gave me just the re-charge I needed to go inside and re-new my teaching license, untangle a knot in my car insurance, and essentially return to the daily monotony of "getting stuff done." 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top is made from sustainable reclaimed bamboo fabric
: the earrings are handmade
: the bracelets are handmade
: the sunglasses are made from sustainable wood
: the booties are ethically-made and generate donations








Post Comment
Post a Comment