: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

The sun peeks through...

Monday, May 21, 2018

These clouds are definitely indicative of my mood after a recent scroll through Twitter.  Because I'm passionate about the environment, many of the accounts that I follow on social media are non-profits and scientific organizations that research changes in our climate and they often post statistics that are grim, at best. 

Just a simple scroll through my Twitter feed was enough to bring me down.  So down, in fact, that I decided to pack up and head to the desert where the statistics about pollution really came to light.  I parked my car in a makeshift lot in what used to be nothing but desert, but what is quickly being converted to more subdivisions.  As I wandered away from my parked vehicle, I had to step over mounds of broken glass and I noticed several restaurant to-go cups stuck in the brush.  Even when I'd wandered as far out as other people seemed to have wandered (and subsequently dropped their trash), the skyline was dotted by power lines and my escape from sad environmental statistics seemed futile.  

Just at that point, I happened to look up towards the mountains, where it was clearly raining.  The sun; however, had peeked through the clouds and was beaming down onto the yucca plants and Joshua trees and tiny new spring cacti in just such a way that the litter and power lines melted away. For just a few brief moments, everything was ok. 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the top is handmade from sustainable bamboo
: the earrings are handmade and fair trade
: the rings are handmade 
: the sandals are made from up-cycled yoga mat foam







SaveSaveSaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment