: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

It's easy being green...

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Dear Anyone Who Has Ever Said That Having a Sustainable Wardrobe Was Too Hard, 

You're wrong.  

There.  I said it.  

It's right out there for everyone to see.  

While I will say that making the decision to only incur sustainable items into your wardrobe when you've been trained to absorb as much fast fashion as possible can be tricky, once you realize just how much amazing slow fashion is out there, you'll see how simple it can truly be.  

At this point, I've been cultivating my sustainable wardrobe for just under two years.  I've connected with about 60 amazing handmade, fair trade, and eco-friendly companies.  I've also totally locked down my thrifting and consigning game.  In this time, I've managed to either consign, share, donate, or re-purpose 90% of the fast fashion in my closet.

Once I started making positive choices about my garments, I ended up with what I think is a rather wonderful, worldly, comfortable wardrobe!  This outfit was created with thrifted, fair trade, handmade, and re-purposed items and was a great way to express myself and be incredibly comfortable on a busy day during the last week of school! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tank was thrifted
: the trousers are handmade and fair trade
: the necklace is handmade and fair trade
: the bracelets are handmade from re-purposed materials
: the sandals are made from re-purposed yoga mat foam







Post Comment
Post a Comment