: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

You are the universe...

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

1) I've never really considered orange to be a colour that I really loved, but while wearing this shirt, I glanced around my apartment and noticed that the giant mandala hanging on my wall is mostly orange, there are orange pillows on my couch, and my yoga ball is currently enshrouded in a pretty adorable orange organic cotton cover.   So, orange?  Yep.  I like it. 

2) The embroidery on this super soft reclaimed bamboo tee says "You are the Universe." Because I'm stuck here on noticing things that I never really noticed, I have to point out that "universe" is not a word that commonly enters my vocabulary.  Sure, I use "planet" or "Earth" and "world" quite often, but my scope of vision tends to be more terrestrial than not.  This shirt was a fun reminder that while the planet is kind of bursting at the seams, there's still WAAAAAY more out there once the atmosphere is cleared. 

3) These Universe thoughts got me thinking about the future.  I recently read that the Earth was created in 4.5 billion years and the sun is expected to burn out in that same amount of time.  When that happens, what will the universe look like?  What will Earth be like?  Will humans still exist, or will we have long-destroyed ourselves and our habitats, leaving behind only bacteria to show that we were ever here? 

... ok... I know... deep thought for a Wednesday, but isn't it cool to see how something as simple as a colorful t-shirt can open the mind? 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tee is made from reclaimed bamboo 
: the bracelets are all handmade
: the necklace is handmade
: the sandals are handmade and fair trade
: the sunglasses are made of sustainable wood








1 comment on "You are the universe... "