: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Desert flowers...

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Well, my friends, I can't go into a whole ton of detail just yet, but it appears that my time in the desert is quickly drawing to a close.  While I've been trying to get out of here for at least the last year now, I've also really come to enjoy the hostile beauty that essentially makes up this landscape.  Never, did I ever think that I'd live here, nor did I think I'd become so interested in the dry, often unfriendly landscape.  Now that it looks like I'll be heading for a new climate, I'm trying to spend as much time with these mountains as I possibly can.  

I got fancy and headed out on a windy morning (temps were about 95 at 10 AM), cranked up my late 1960s/early 1970s playlist and had my own personal Burning Man (minus the hallucinogens) experience.  As you can see, I'm kind of in love with this skirt that my pals at Kindom sent over.  It is made from re-claimed fabric (i.e. stuff that was sitting in the back of a warehouse and was destined for a landfill before it got rescued).  I am definitely obsessed with the big slit in this skirt and didn't show it, but each layer of ruffles can be unzipped to create 3 different skirt lengths.  The slit can also be unzipped so that it's even higher!  

How fun is that?  


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tank was thrifted
: the bracelet is handmade and fair trade
: the earrings are handmade and fair trade
: the skirt is made from re-claimed fabric and can be town 3 ways







Post Comment
Post a Comment