: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Reduce your use of single-use plastics with Junes...

Monday, May 6, 2019

Do you constantly find yourself wishing you had a good organizational system for all of your odds and ends?  Are you often on the go and need a place to stash things?  Do you purchase a lot of produce and detest single-use plastic bags?  

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, keep reading!  I've found another ethical answer to your organizational needs.  My newest partner, Junes Bags, reached out and sent me several of their ethically-made reusable bags.  I will be honest: when they wanted to send me their carry-all bags, I had a moment where I thought "I'm never going to use these," but as soon as they arrived, I came up with about 10 different ways to incorporate them into my life (i.e. the little one is great for holding lip balm, a hair brush, etc. so they don't get lost in the shuffle in my giant tote bag/the big bag was perfect to hold my book, water bottle, and sunscreen for a quick trip to the pool).  I also think they would be great to hold electronics during a flight or road trip, they can hold snacks, they'd be great for produce... for real... the possibilities are endless. 

Their black square mesh bag was also groovy for my pool trip.  The fabric of this bag was designed based on a found vintage fabric from the 1970s.  The bag is crazy strong (it can hold up to 50 lbs!) and the fabric is ventilated, so if you bring it to the pool and toss a wet towel into it, everything inside will air out nicely and the bag won't get gross or smelly.    So far, I've used the square mesh bag to hold a rather random selection of things, but how perfect would it be for a quick grocery stock-up or for a picnic?  

These re-usable bags are an absolutely awesome way to make the switch away from single-use products.  Everything Junes carries was either made by 18 women who work for a co-op in Ciudad Juárez or locally in LA, so you can use them with the confidence of knowing that you are reducing your global footprint (you can save something like 700 plastic bags during the lifespan of a Junes bag) while increasing the quality of life for other people!  Check out their shop and let me know in the comments below what your favorite products are!  Also, you can snag 20% off any purchase now with code: MamaLove! 








1 comment on "Reduce your use of single-use plastics with Junes... "