: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

The rowdiest mermaid...

Monday, June 24, 2019

Years and years ago, as I was getting into a more natural lifestyle, I was introduced to kombucha by a family member.  I knew nothing about it, but I really wanted to hop aboard the natural living train so I gave it a go.  I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I was or what brand/flavor I tried first, but it was vinegary and too tart and the bubbles made me sneeze.  I was definitely not sold.  

However, still wanting to find a way to naturally help improve my gut health and moderate those occasionally bellyaches, I kept trying.  Another family member handed me a bottle of Rowdy Mermaid savory peach kombucha and I was totally sold.  It wasn't too sweet or too tart.  It had just the right amount of bubbles and it definitely didn't taste like vinegar.  It usually takes me upwards of 3 hours to drink something like this (or a latte, or a cup of tea), but I chugged the whole thing.  Because the name "Rowdy Mermaid" was so fun, it stood out in my mind and when I moved to Colorado, I started to notice it being stocked in grocery stores and coffee shops and I thought we should team up. 

This Boulder, CO-based company was kind enough to hook me up with all of their flavors, and while now that I am pregnant and have been advised to stay away from products that are unpasteurized and that contain even tiny traces of alcohol, it was certainly fun to get SunStars on board with kombucha.  He loves to drink fizzy water and since he's been working through his own pregnancy symptoms (i.e. weight gain, super sleepiness, and some indigestion... what a guy!), kombucha is kind of the perfect drink for him and I'm looking forward to sampling new Rowdy Mermaid flavors once Tater Tot has safely arrived!  This stuff is great!  It naturally helps to balance your belly and is brewed using fresh non-GMO ingredients from small farms and suppliers.  They use sustainable practices like employing wind power to help in the production process and everything is bottled in 100% renewable glass packaging. 







Post Comment
Post a Comment