: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

The day that the bump makes its debut...

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Ok, ok... so I'll level with y'all for a moment... the number of times that I've written the phrase "before becoming pregnant" in the week since I announced it is driving me crazy.  For all of the years in the past that I thought I might someday have kids, I told myself that I wouldn't be obnoxious about it, but it is so darn cathartic to write about all of the ways that life is changing. 

These photos were taken during week 15, and they are the first ones that I've seen and really thought "Oh, wow... there's that little baby bump!"  

That being said, and because I have definitely required the belly band when wearing jeans (I literally bought several new pairs of jeans... in a girls' size 12... a week before finding out that I was pregnant and I took the tags off and couldn't exchange them for a few roomier pairs), I'm still finding myself baffled about what I am going to do about my wardrobe as I expand.  

I have lots of wonderful partners who have been amazing in working with me where dresses and tops are concerned, but when the weather turns and it truly is jeans/boots/sweater weather, I'm totally stumped on the most sustainable way to do the jeans thing.  I've always been kind of a wonky size and have the best luck when I can try things on, so using a second-hand company like ThredUp or Swap makes me slightly nervous (I've never needed to return anything to them... any tips on this process?), but I'd really prefer not to buy all sorts of new things if I'm only going to need them for a handful of months!  

Help! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are handmade
: the scarf is fair trade and handmade
: the tee is fair trade and organic
: the bracelets are handmade
: the booties were thrifted







Post Comment
Post a Comment