: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

I believe in Nashville...

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

A quick word to the wise: If you go on a two-week road trip and then move while still flipping the property to which you're moving, AND you're pregnant, you'll probably get behind on blog posts.  The good news is that the rest of life is still on track. 

Anyway... These snaps help to document our continued love affair with the great city of Nashville.  As I've written before, SunStars and I kind of randomly ended up spending last New Year's Eve passing through Tennessee on our way back to Denver from Atlanta, and just the evening there made us want to return.  On this most recent trip, I obviously couldn't drink, but we still managed to have fun on Music Row and honky tonking on Broadway for an evening.  

We set aside about an hour of exploration time the following morning and my trusty sidekick, Pinterest, sent us to this super cute little neighborhood (12th Ave. South) that was full of groovy wall art, coffee shops, and fun little boutiques.  We were there super early, just before temps hit the 90s, so we managed a brief wander around the block, after which I was more than ready to get rid of my boots and get into some sandals (and AC).  

As far as this outfit goes, I never would have thought to put these pieces together if I weren't in Nashville, but I felt like an absolute rockstar... at least until all my curls fell out in the humidity and the red lipstick wore off.  Everything in this look is crazy sustainable.  The tank is a new organic cotton fave from Synergy, the leggings are made of bamboo (as are the sunglasses).  The boots were hand-me-downs from my step-sister, the earrings are handmade, and the bracelet is handmade and fair trade.  Scroll to the bottom for more deets on where everything came from! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tank is fair trade and handmade
: the leggings are made of bamboo
: the boots are hand-me-downs
: the sunglasses are bamboo
: the jewelry is fair trade and handmade







Post Comment
Post a Comment