: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

... and it has pockets!

Monday, July 15, 2019

Ok, so let me start by saying that I spent about 30 minutes curling my hair before taking these photos.    Can you tell?  Not really!  And that is the magic of humidity in the south!  

Ok... my hair was also a bit wet when I first attempted to curl it... so that may have a little something to do with it... 

... but anyway... what I really want to talk about is what I've been learning about creating a maternity wardrobe.  I have the app "The Bump" and I keep getting articles about lots of great second-hand companies from which to purchase maternity clothing (and I think I may need to give them a try when jeans weather comes back and I'm a lot bigger), but to this point, I really haven't had a hard time (yet) with finding sustainable clothing that can accommodate expansion.  

I had such fun on our night out in Nashville wearing this plaid patchwork dress from Kindom.  It totally fit in with the country music vibe of the city, looked great with my hand-me-down boots, and was nice and breezy on a crazy hot night.  It's very loose fitting, so while I'm still pretty tiny, it totally worked, but when I'm bigger in the fall, it'll still fit well (and look pretty cute with leggings and a sweater). 

Oh... and it has pockets!  


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the dress is made from sustainable/re-claimed fabrics
: the boots were hand-me-downs from my step-sister
: the jewelry is all handmade and fair trade






Post Comment
Post a Comment