: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Malia Designs...

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Close your eyes for a moment and picture one thing that you always feel like you need to have with you.  

What did you come up with? 

For me, it's a bag (ok... and lip balm...).  The rate at which I find myself moving things around is a little bit extreme, but because I am super organized, and my belly is too big for a box, I'm kind of hooked on containing things in a bag.  That being said, thank goodness the awesome peeps at Malia Designs asked me to partner with them.  I've been trying to replace both my school bag and a casual weekend sort of bag since the ones I'm using are on their last legs, so I was super excited to be able to try out their green leaf bucket bag.  

This bag is beautifully made.  It has an adjustable strap, zipper closure, a zipper pocket on the back (perfect for my lip balm), and two interior pockets. The print is adorable and is in my favorite colors, but these are not the only reasons that I love it. 

This bag takes sustainability and ethics to new levels. The materials that go into every Malia Designs product are all locally and sustainably sourced.  Many of them are actually even recycled.  Not only is the leaf bag green, it's GREEN!  All Malia Designs products are also made in a fair trade setting by over 300 artisans.  These craftspeople are paid a fair living wage, which enables them to send their children to school (and combat child labor) and helps to fight global poverty.  Because many of the artisans making their products are women, Malia Designs bags also help to stand up for gender equality by giving independence to females who might otherwise not obtain it.  

Oh, and to date, Malia Designs has been able to donate over $160,000 to fund anti-trafficking efforts in Cambodia and in the US.

I love how all of these things roll together into their #CarryACause campaign.  I am proud to carry my leaf bag, be it to school or to run errands on the weekend.  If you'd like to invest in one of their pieces of your own, you can take 20% off of your order with code: CARRYACAUSE. 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the necklace is handmade
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade
: the tee is made of sustainable Lyocell
: the bag is fair trade and handmade
: the shoes are fair trade and handmade






Maternity/nursing tee in tofu c/o Boob Designs (Get 20% off with code SIGNESXBOOB20)

Post Comment
Post a Comment