: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Remembering that I am human...

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

You know how there are those bloggers out there who always look insanely perfect?  Their outfits are completely put together.  Their photographs are all taken in just the right light.  They never have a hair out of place... unless that's the style and in that case, they look SO DANG COOL!  You find yourself wondering if they truly look the way they are pictured or if they have access to some really amazing editing software... or a team of hair stylists/makeup artists/photographers/editors, etc. 

I used to really aspire to be one of those bloggers.  When I lived in Germany and worked weird hours, but often was only at work for 4 days a week, I could easily spend 5 hours a day just on one blog post... and all of the subsequent social media posts and interactions that need to happen to help that post make even the tiniest blip on the digital world's radar. 

These days, while I love to post photos, I'm trying to grow a human and kick booty at my full-time teaching job and learn to be a family, so sometimes when the first time to take photos arrises, I'm a tired mess.  

Today was one of those days, and in the interested in remembering that I am human, I've decided to go ahead and post these snaps, wild hair, baggy eyes, and all! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the bracelets are fair trade and handmade
: the necklace is handmade
: the ring is fair trade and handmade
: the leggings are made of sustainable bamboo
: the dress was up-cycled and tie dyed







Post Comment
Post a Comment