: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

That one time when we eloped...

Monday, September 23, 2019

Yep... you read that title right.  

I've never been a huge fan of weddings.  In my head, they spiral out of control quickly and from what I've heard, many people tend to get so busy and caught up in things that they don't remember much after the fact unless they see it in a photo or on video.  That wasn't really something to which I aspired.  

We'd been talking about the date 9.19.19 since last spring because I'm weird about dates, love palindromes, and 19 is one of my lucky numbers, so with all of the other life stuff we're trying to do (i.e. grow a human, flip our home, shop for new cars, be full-time teachers, etc.), it just seemed like a good idea.  

... so we went for it and I'm so glad we did!  Our day started off as normal.  We got up, got coffee, went to work (!!!), snuck out of work a few classes early, and picked up some cupcakes at the local German bakery, got some flowers (which I turned into a bouquet using some recycled ribbon), changed clothes, and headed over to town hall to sign paperwork.  It was a quick and easy process and then we got to drive up a mountain to eat cupcakes together!  

All of the photos we took were either selfies or taken with the camera on the tripod.  It was simple.  It was calm.  It was wonderful. 

... and it's insane that we're married now, but it's insanely good... and that's all for now! 








Post Comment
Post a Comment