: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

The pitfalls of maternity trousers... and a solution...

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Mamas, I know I've had several chats with a number of you on Instagram and Facebook about the merits and pitfalls of maternity trousers, but I think I may have finally solved a few of the issues we've talked about having. 

While PJ pants are wonderful, yoga pants are ideal, and those flowy boho harem pants that got me through the summer are amazing and I'd live in them if I could, I live in the mountains, the seasons are changing, and as a teacher, I cannot always roll out of bed in what I wore for sleeping and go to work. 

I tried several pairs of maternity jeans through various second-hand venues, and loved them in the first 5 minutes I had them on, because duh... that stretchy waistband is wonderful, but after those first 5 minutes, they ended up getting all stretched out.  Then, because I don't enjoy the "over-the-bump" feeling of my trousers, I'd have the waistband pulled down and would then spend the entire rest of the day yanking said jeans back up.  Not fun. 

Well, gals... these trousers from Boob Design are not only made from sustainable Lyocell (made from wood pulp fibers), they are something kind of wonderful.  They fit a bit like a blend of skinny yoga pants and leggings.  They've got the big waistband that I can actually wear folded down and the trousers don't slip at all.  I've worn them tucked into tall boots twice, but they do flare out a bit at the hems so they'd be adorable with flats or sandals. 

I can most definitely see myself packing these in my hospital bag to wear home once Tater Tot is born, but this is just another piece of Boob Design clothing that I can also picture myself wearing until they fall apart!  I think that they are just fitted enough that even without a baby on board, they'll be incredibly comfortable and they look snazzy enough that I can wear them to work! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the sunglasses are made of sustainable wood
: the scarf is fair trade and handmade
: the scarf was thrifted
: the trousers are made of sustainable Lyocell
: the bracelets are handmade






Straight leg pants c/o Boob Design (Get 20% off with code: SIGNEXBOOB20)


Post Comment
Post a Comment