: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

The first post-birth outing outfit...

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Hi, Green Bees!  I'd fully meant to write a post on Monday about this, but things were a bit busy and I posted on Instagram.  Tater Tot (officially named Stellan) was born at 1:43 AM on Friday (today was his due date) after being induced and 29 hours of labor.  

Since then, SunStars and I have been busy trying to figure out this whole parenting thing.  We got some pretty terrible advice at the hospital about feeding, so Tater Tot lost a pound in a couple of days.  Suffice it to say that things were rather sleepless and many tears were shed by all involved parties, but we are back on the right track.  

Today was my first trip back into public after coming home from the hospital on Saturday and it was greatly needed.  We went to Starbucks and I had my first coffee in weeks.  Stellan slept through the whole thing and SunStars and I got to enjoy a little caffeine buzz and some time to talk.  

Something that you may notice as you scroll through these snaps is that in a few photos, I'm making some rather silly faces.  As we were taking these pictures in the stairwell of our condo building (the hour in public was totally enough, so we did what we could with the space that we have), I was talking about how much the shape of my body has changed in the last week.  

I actually wore this new bamboo Doleman top from Indigo Apparel last Monday to work when I still had a true belly. While I managed to stretch the draping of this comfy shirt to it's maximum, it totally worked.  Now that I'm making my way back to something that more closely resembles my original size, it's crazy comfy.  It is also super soft, which is something that we've quickly discovered is important to Stellan when snuggling!  Since the thought of putting on a pair of jeans was kind of what has kept me at home for last few jeans, when my Tillage Clothing crops came out of the laundry clean and ready to go, I had the perfect sustainable post-birth coffee run outfit good to go! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings were handmade from salvaged metals
: the top is made of bamboo and plant dyes
: the necklace is handmade
: the bracelet is handmade
: the crops are fair trade and handmade






Post Comment
Post a Comment