: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Synergy Organic...

Sunday, March 22, 2020

The postpartum body is a wondrous thing.  It is soft, but still very strong.  It is capable.  However, it will never be the same as it was before, you know... growing a human being.  
It is also something that I've really struggled with since Stellan was born in December.  I've always been rather small and quite active, so my pre-baby body was always toned and felt strong.  I kept up with fitness so that I didn't jiggle when I moved and if I didn't like the degree of tone I had, I could do a quick workout and get it all back. 

... my body no longer functions this way.  While I am still pretty small, overall, I squish, I jiggle, and no matter how much yoga I do or how many reps I put in with the free weights, it doesn't seem like the wobbly bits are going anywhere anytime soon.  There is extra skin everywhere!  It has taken me months to accept this fact and to start to feel at home in my new body and honestly, the clothes that I've been selecting for myself in my new role as mama have been truly helpful on this journey. 

My pals at Synergy Organic have been kind enough to send me several pieces from their new spring collection over the last few months, but I've been especially looking forward to giving this tie dye leggings and bra set a spin.  These pieces were made in a fair trade setting in India using organic cotton/Spandex and low-impact dyes and my hope was that they would help to inspire me to keep going on my fitness journey.  I don't know if it's because I'm slightly tie dye obsessed, because I love to wear slow clothing, or because I knew that taking photos of these pieces would mean going out into the world after several days of self-quarantine, but there was definitely a pep in my step. 

Yes, friends, standing barefoot on a rock in the creek after days of snow with my post-baby belly on display for the brave souls who had also ventured out was a breath of fresh air! 

... and the best part is that I was comfortable.  

If you, too, are looking for comfortable clothes in which to ride out this new shelter-in-place sort of lifestyle, I definitely recommend that you take a look at Synergy's spring collection.  Each and every piece in their new line was handmade using organic fabrics and organic dyes.  Everything is super soft, and as you can see, is quite body friendly, even if your body has been looking and feeling a bit different lately.  Oh, and if you're really into knowing what your impact on the world is, they've developed a really fun little impact calculator.  You can select different Synergy garments and see how much drinking water is saved per day by producing it organically instead of conventionally! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the bra is fair trade and made of organic cotton
: the leggings are fair trade and made of organic cotton
: the bracelets are handmade







Post Comment
Post a Comment