: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Green Upward...

Sunday, January 21, 2018

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll know that I've seriously come to disdain plastic and single-use products.  According to Ocean Crusaders, shoppers worldwide are using about 500 billion plastic bags every year and there are currently about 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic debris in the ocean.  Since this totally doesn't jive with me, I've successfully made the switch to re-usable shopping bags, re-usable coffee cups, and now that I've connected with Green Upward, I'm on track to get rid of all plastic for produce! 

Green Upward has worked from the ground up to be sustainable in ways that many other companies have not done the same.  Let me explain: While there are lots of brands that create re-usable bags, they often mass-produce them from manmade fibers, which does decrease the amount of plastic in the world, but it increases chemical and water waste.

This cannot be said of Green Upward, which uses 100% organic fibers for their entire range of products.  Everything was dyed with low-impact dyes and everything is completely bio-degradable in the proper setting.  

Their small shopper bag was perfect for me to pick up a few apples and bananas and has been great for storing veggies in such a way that they they are contained, but can still breathe (which they can't do if they're stored in plastic!).  I haven't used the bag for grains yet, as I'm still looking for a local spot to purchase them in bulk, but when I do, I know that I can store up to 5 lbs of rice in this small market bag!  It is super versatile and I love the bright colour, as did the checker at Trader Joe's when I picked up fruit the other day! 

Be sure to hop over to their site, read their blog, shop their newly-launched store, and comment back here with your favourite print! 






Post Comment
Post a Comment