: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

A lack of tropical wandering...

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Ok, so... I hate to take the time to talk about the weather, but "Hello, Vegas!"  What is going on with these clouds?  I know that in July when there are absolutely no clouds and it's 120 degrees, I'll think back to this post and wonder what in the world I was thinking, but here's the deal:  spring break starts in 3 days and I have warmth and sun on the brain.  

While I'm not planning to go anywhere... well... nowhere but my nice cozy bed, comfy couch, favourite coffee place, I made a discovery.  While spending too much time on Pinterest last weekend, I found myself in my closet, putting together outfits that would be comfortable and still appropriate for work.  This exercise led me to come up with the look that I'm sporting today.  It's comfy.  It's cozy.  It earned me a ton of compliments.  

The pieces that were most complimented were these wonderful handmade tassel earrings from MyWola, which were made in Guatemala, and these hand-woven sandals from Laadi Designs that were created in a fair trade setting in Mexico.  Perhaps it was just my lack of international/tropical wandering that caused me to pair these pieces together, or perhaps they just work beautifully.  I'll leave it up to you to make that call! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the top is organic and fair trade
: the harem pants were made (by me) from an old bedsheet
: the bracelets are handmade
: the ring is handmade
: the sandals are handmade and fair trade







SaveSaveSaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment