: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with PlaineProducts...

Sunday, March 18, 2018

For those who are new here, I'll tell you that I live in the desert.  I've been living in Vegas for about a year and a half, and I still find that I'm shocked that it is so dry here.  We've just moved through a brief cold snap (ok... it's been between the 40s-50s... and yes, I'm ashamed as a native Chicagoan to admit that I was FREEZING) and now that I've been comfortable with the windows open again, my skin has never felt drier.  

Enter Plaine Products: an Ohio-based company with a mission.  Plaine Products has jumped head-first into the battle against plastics.  Why?  Because every bit of plastic that is produced stays on earth forever.  It takes hundreds of years and breaks down into microparticles (which are often ingested by wildlife and are then in turn, ingested by humans).  Sisters Lindsey and Alison have banded together to create a line of environmentally-friendly bath and body products and they package them in aluminum bottles.  

The best part is that they also offer a subscription option, so when your aluminum bottle is empty, you can ship it back (in the box in which it arrived, with the extra cap with which the full bottle came, and using the included pre-paid shipping label!  You can set up your subscription up front, or if you purchase a single item and are totally loving it, you can sign up when your supply starts to run low!  

The ladies sent me their rosemary mint vanilla lotion to help my desert skin and I must say that I love it.  You can clearly smell the rosemary, the mint, and the vanilla, but none of the scents are overpowering.  The texture is light and leaves my skin feeling moisturized but not heavy.  Really, the whole experience of using this lotion made me feel like I was having a spa experience and not simply re-hydrating my skin in my own bathroom!  The fact that this lotion was bottled in aluminum and not plastic only made my experience with it that much better.  I'm already plotting to set this bottle aside when it's empty and use it as a water bottle... how great would it be to contain toothbrushing/face-washing water while car camping? 

Plaine Products has a whole line of environmentally friendly shampoos, conditioners, body washes, hand washes, and lotions.  Be sure to hop over to their site and take a look at everything.  Don't forget to look into their subscription options! 





Post Comment
Post a Comment