: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with The Golden Rule Boutique...

Sunday, February 24, 2019


Green Bees, I think that it's safe to say that y'all know me decently well by now.  You know that I love a good adventure, I love to save the planet, and I love to wear things that are visually interesting.   That being said, I'm incredibly happy to have crossed paths with The Golden Rule Boutique.  This San Diego-based, family owned shop is completely committed to the 10 principles of fair trade commerce.  They have a solid foundation in only stocking brands and products that have been created in a fair trade setting and will do some good for the people who created them (and for the world). 

Among the brands that they stock are: Elegantees (organic cotton clothing), Pashna (cashmere garments), TonlĂ© (zero waste items), and Symbology (handmade/fair trade clothing).  

I've been eyeballing this gorgeous maxi dress by Symbology for months now and was thrilled when The Golden Rule Boutique offered to send me one to try out.  It is definitely a statement dress and was lots of fun to show off against the backdrop of this old amusement park (Lakeside Amusement Park, Denver- built in 1908!!!).  This beautiful dress was hand blog printed and assembled in India.  I love the colours, the sparkle of the print, and especially the tiny detail of a saguaro cactus-shaped button on top!  This dress is sheer, but comes with a stretchy slip to wear underneath it and it was perfect with tights and booties in the snow, though I cannot wait to bust out the wedge sandals and lose the tights for the summer!  

If you're in the market for your next fair trade statement piece or just want to stock up on basics, I highly recommend that you check out The Golden Rule Boutique (especially if you're in SD and can shop locally)!


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the dress is fair trade and handmade
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade
: the boots were thrifted







Post Comment
Post a Comment