: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Your new up-cycled tote for summer...

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

It's unofficially summertime and the livin' is easy... 

A wander around town was just what SunStars and I needed as a pick-up to help get through one of our last weeks of school.  Oh, and the locally-made ice cream definitely helped. 

As we transition between seasons, I find myself again re-evaluating the products that I'm using.  As I swap boots for sandals, coats for tank tops, and heavy duty purses for lightweight ways to tote my water bottle, re-usable coffee cup, etc. I've found myself drawn to up-cycled products.  A new seasonal favorite is this tote bag by Junes.  It was made by a women's co-op in Mexico from an old serape.  

The bag is super lightweight, has fun colors, the pattern is perfect for summer, and the interior and exterior pockets make it super simple to keep my phone, lip balm, car keys out of the general jumble of other things that I may choose to take along on my day! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the sunglasses are made of sustainable bamboo
: the top is fair trade
: the jeans were up-cycled
: the shoes are fair trade and handmade
: the bag is fair trade and handmade from an old serape







Post Comment
Post a Comment