: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Hiking... with a baby...

Monday, May 18, 2020

I love to hike.  I don't always have the time to do as much of it as I'd like, but it is something that I definitely love.  When I lived in Las Vegas, I made my way out to the desert as often as possible and when I moved to Colorado, I figured I'd be hitting the trails several times a week.  However, I was quickly overwhelmed by work and then I got pregnant, so hiking took a backseat again. 

While this pandemic is still a bit scary, I am glad that it has afforded us some extra time to get back outside.  It's definitely trickier to go hiking with a 5-month old in tow, but SunStars and I have had many, many conversations about making sure that he is exposed to as much nature as possible, so several times a week, we've held ourselves accountable for getting him outside.  

Yes, he usually falls asleep mid-adventure, but on this day, he woke up, had a snack and got to put his tiny toes into the creek! 







Post Comment
Post a Comment