: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Relax... locally... with LA Relaxed...

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

I have a confession to make: I am guilty of wearing these extra comfy PJs yesterday afternoon, overnight, and then I rolled out of bed in them to walk the dog this morning.  

Yep.  

I did it. 

... but they are just SO comfy!  I don't think you can blame me! 

I was having kind of a gnarly pregnant day yesterday (queasy, grouchy, tired, back hurt, etc.) so SunStars suggested that I hop into the bathtub, relax, and slip into something comfortable.  Even though I was a total grouch, it was also my lucky day and this boxy top and floral lounge pants just so happened to have arrived from my newest partner: LA Relaxed

Something that I love about LA Relaxed is that they are local (based in LA) and everything that they create is made and sourced locally.  This means that the huge amount of emissions that are created when non-sustainable brands manufacture products all over the place don't exist where LA Relaxed is concerned.  They've also been extra careful to only partner with suppliers that operate using ethical business practices and choose only sustainable fabrics and fibers to create the products in their line! 

They were kind enough to send me their boxy top and floral lounge pants, which are absolutely perfect for me to expand into.  I can easily see myself working this cozy top into outfits for work once the school year gets started.  It'll be a great layering piece!  Both of these garments are made out of a blend of Tencel and organic cotton.  Tencel is a biodegradable fiber that comes from eucalyptus trees (which don't require a ton of water or pesticide to grow), which makes it one of the more popular eco-friendly fabrics on the market today. The fabric is lightweight, soft, and super breathable, which made this loungewear set the perfect thing to wear on a grouchy evening... and night... and following morning... :) 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top is made of Tencel and organic cotton
: the floral pants are made of Tencel and organic cotton
: the bracelets are handmade from locally-sourced materials







Post Comment
Post a Comment