: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Adelante Shoe Co. part dos..

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Ladies and gentlemen: I LOVE Adelante Shoe Co. I teamed up with this brand last fall when they first launched and have been living in my handmade, fair trade Grenada boots ever since, so when they asked me if I wanted to try out a pair of their new sandals, I jumped at the chance.  I also got SunStars on board so he could experience their "From Cobbler to Customer" model for himself.  Needless to say, he's hooked on his new Adelante boots, too!  When we went out to take these photos, he seriously gushed over how well they fit his feet and how he thinks they'll continue to fit perfectly even once he's broken them in!

Let me tell you a bit more about how this process works:

Step 1: You, the conscious consumer, discover a need for a certain type of footwear in your wardrobe.  Being the diligent shopper that you are, you do some research and stumble onto https://adelanteshoes.com.

Step 2:  You peruse all of the men's or women's styles that they have on offer and choose the one that is right for you.  Then, you get to customize a bit by choosing just the right fit and color so that your new shoes will be the perfect ethical addition to your wardrobe.

Step 3: You place your order and shortly after receiving a confirmation, you receive a video from the cobbler who is making your shoes.  The cobbler is literally holding YOUR shoes in the video so you get a nice little sneak peek of the finished product.  The cobbler will address you by name in your video and will tell you a little bit about the process and where he is in creating your new shoes.  You get excited butterflies in your belly because it is just SO cool to have this kind of access to the lifecycle of a product that you'll soon be wearing.

Step 4: Those excited butterflies increase as the arrival of your finished shoes approaches.

Step 5: Your shoes are delivered, you tear open the recyclable packaging, and gush over how beautifully-made these kicks are! You work them into outfits, wear them in, show them off, and tell all of your friends about what a great process this was.

That's it!  I can honestly say that I will work with Adelante each and every time they ask to partner up!  The process is a total breeze and I'm never disappointed with the finished product!  I love being able to tell people that what I'm wearing has been custom made for me and that I know not only the name of the person who created my garments/shoes/accessories, but that I've seen them, know their face, and can attest to the fact that because they are master craftspeople, even though they may be living in a difficult place, their skills earn them a fair living wage so they can support themselves and their families.


What's sustainable about my outfit? 

: the dress is fair trade and handmade
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the sandals are fair trade and handmade
: the boots are fair trade and handmade









Post Comment
Post a Comment