: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Eco Candle Co....

Sunday, October 20, 2019

I feel like I often forget how amazing candles are until either someone hands me one or the weather turns and I live in a place without a fireplace and it makes me realize how cozy they are.  The crazy hot weather has finally broken, and Eco Candle Co. sent me a message just in the knick of time!  

This Wisconsin-based company creates sustainable soy candles by hand, using eco-friendly and natural materials and since they just launched an exclusive candle subscription box, they asked for some help!  As a lover of fall, all things sustainable, and that classic feeling of *hygge* I felt like kind of an ideal person to provide said assistance. 

I received the Fall/Winter Soy Box just in time for my birthday yesterday.  This box includes 3 different sized candles (in reusable packaging) in the scents: Bourbon Vanilla, Caramel Rum Cake, Snowflakes, Spiced Cranberry, and Winter Wonderland.  The box also includes tea lights and a box of matches.  

Since I've got a bun in the oven, I knew that I couldn't plan any sort of crazy party, despite my birthday falling on a Saturday, but decided to head to the pumpkin patch and then have a little chili/cider/pumpkin carving gathering with friends at home.  I lit the Buttered Rum Cake candle in the kitchen and had Spiced Cranberry burning at the other end of the condo in the bathroom, and our home was totally transformed!  These two scents blended beautifully and were strong, but not overly so.  They did a beautiful job of setting the tone for our fall-themed party. 

 They also burned wonderfully.  Soy, by nature (hehe), burns quite cleanly, but these candles totally impressed me because I had them consistently burning for about 4 hours and they definitely burned much more slowly than I thought they would.  This longevity is awesome, so I can have them lit through the end of Thanksgiving, when I plan to switch over to the  Snowflakes and Winter Wonderland scents. 

In addition to their natural ingredients and nice long burn time, I love these Eco Candle Co. candles because using soy also helps American farmers instead of foreign oil conglomerates, using locally-sourced ingredients helps to stimulate the domestic economy, and knowing that I'm transforming my home using safe natural scents gives me great peace of mind (especially with a baby arriving in 8 weeks or so)! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the candles are handmade from soy
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the sunglasses are made of sustainable wood
: the blouse was thrifted
: the jeans were upcycled
: the booties were thrifted







Post Comment
Post a Comment