: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Jessica Redditt Designs...

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Ok, so... vintage clothing... I've always loved it and have always wanted to be a pro at it, but here's the thing: I'm just not that great at picking good vintage pieces for myself. 

I've tried.  Trust me I've tried.  I've spent hours on my travels around the world, digging through vintage shops for the coolest pieces and for some reason, the magic I have when thrifting just doesn't appear to apply to vintage shopping.  

However, I recently stumbled across a piece on Instagram that caught my eye.  It was posted by previous #SustaianbleSunday partner, Jessica Redditt Designs.  It was a cute little linen-looking top with kind of a crocheted neckline and a silhouette that I thought would be ideal to accommodate my belly.  I sent her a message about it and found out that it was a vintage piece that she discovered and then dyed (using plants, of course) to spruce it up a bit.  She promptly packed said blouse up and shipped it to me and I tell ya... it made the perfect piece for a causal weekend outfit with the belly, but I think I am going to live in this top all summer once the baby bump is gone.  

Since I cannot seem to find the right pair of maternity jeans if my life depended on it, I'm relying on the old hair tie on the non-maternity jeans trick, so I did need to wear a long cami under this blouse so as to remain appropriate while in public, but for real... this top is wonderful.  I love the texture, I love that it is a vintage piece that finally works into my wardrobe, and I love that a pal was able to give it a little update using plants!  

Jessica Redditt also makes my famous (among my friends and students) plant/tie-dyed kimono aka Technicolor Dreamcoat and she has a lot of other wonderful, reclaimed and plant-dyed pieces that would seamlessly slide into most wardrobes!  Be sure to check them out! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are handmade
: the top is vintage and was dyed using plants
: the jeans were thrifted
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade
: the boots are fair trade and handmade







Post Comment
Post a Comment