: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Living Full Circle...

Sunday, November 10, 2019

My dearest Green Bees, the holidays are approaching quickly and with them, travel is probably on your itinerary.  While I won't really be traveling, I will have a rather important hospital visit and short stay occurring between Thanksgiving and Christmas and for that, I most definitely already have a bag packed. 

When I packed said bag... you know... for the hospital... so we can meet our sweet Tater Tot... I wanted to pack it intentionally, the same way I would for travel.  This means that the items that will be moving around with me are items that are sustainable, ethical, handmade, and otherwise eco-friendly.  

It was for this reason that I was so glad to receive an email from Living Full Circle, asking me if I'd like to try out their new zero waste travel kit.  This thing has got just about everything you could need while you're on the move, and it made prepping my sustainable hospital bag super easy.  In this kit, you receive: 

: 2 bamboo toothbrushes
: 1 Nelson Naturals toothpaste (toxin free and in a reusable glass jar)
: 1 glass straw and straw cleaner by Ridley Straws
: 1 three-piece bamboo cutlery set in a sleeve
: 1 insulated burlap cooler bag
 : 1 re-usable grocery bag
: 1 tin of natural sunblock
: 1 travel size bottle of Plaine Products shampoo and conditioner (in reusable bottles)
: 1 reusable tin with a tiny shampoo bar, conditioner bar, and bar soap

The possibilities here are kind of endless and after I photographed everything, I tossed the whole kit and caboodle into my hospital bag.  I think the only thing that I won't end up needing at the hospital is probably the sunblock, but it will be all ready to go for spring break when we take Tater Tot to the beach to meet my dad for the first time! 

Since you probably aren't preparing to deliver a baby between the holidays and are much more likely to be planning some sort of wonderful travel-y adventure, I highly urge you to invest in some zero-waste solutions.  Everything in this kit is travel-sized, so you can get it through airport security just fine and you can feel good about not needing to use sub-par chemical-filled products in hard-to-recycle bottles during your hotel stay.  The straw and cutlery simplify your eating-on-the-go process and help you avoid using pesky plastic utensils.  If you're worried about getting them clean, don't!   You can just toss your used silverware back into the cotton case and wash everything when you're a bit more settled!  Easy, peasy!  

This kit would also make kind of a fun gift for someone who is looking to make some green life changes, or you could get one kit, and split the items between peeps as stocking stuffers! 








Post Comment
Post a Comment