: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday and The Seaweed Bath Co....

Sunday, April 5, 2020

The world lockdown has created a lot of things: fear, anxiety, and sadness, but it has also created a handful of good things.  The slowdown has cleared up the canals in Venice.  It has lifted air pollution and saved a projected 75,000 people in China alone.  It has also given many people the gift of time.  Since we are staying at home, we have time to finish that book that's been sitting on the nightstand for the last 3 months, we can finally get that deep clean done, and we can also take some time for self-care. 

While I was pregnant, I wasn't able to take baths, which is something that I truly adore doing, so now that I am not pregnant and have a bit of extra time, I decided to go back to the occasional bath, but with a new twist.  Instead of bubbles, I've made the switch to seaweed.  Yes, you heard that right.  I gave bathing in seaweed a go.  Why?  Because it contains all sorts of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and aminos acids that can spruce up your skin without the use of chemicals.  

It comes from The Seaweed Bath Co., a local-to-me-business located in Boulder.  Founder, Allison, wanted to help solve skin issues within her family and upon discovering that the ocean could be a great healer, she created The Seaweed Bath Co. to share the product she'd created with the world.  Everything from The Seaweed Bath Co. is certified organic, vegan, paraben free, vegan, and not tested on animals, and comes in recyclable packaging. 

  I was lucky enough to get to test drive a number of the items in their bath and body lines.  In addition to the whole seaweed bath, I also got to try out their overnight algae mask, along with a few of their body creams and scrubs. I love the scent of eucalyptus and have found the eucalyptus and peppermint body scrub and cream to smell amazing and be super effective, all without the use of harmful chemicals.  I also got to try out the body wash and body cream from their new energizing line.  The happy citrus scent of the grapefruit and orange is wonderful.  Using these ocean-inspired products to help me generate a self-care routine while the gift of time still exists has been a wonderful  experience. 








Post Comment
Post a Comment