: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

The first round...

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Yes, I am that crazy lady who has decided to start a business during a pandemic.  

No, I don't actually think that I'm all that crazy. 

Why? 

Because from where I sit, I can see that there are people in the world who need help, and while there are plenty of people who are not able to go shopping for anything beyond groceries and paying bills, I know that stocking up my inventory for when people are able to go back to work is helping hundreds of people who are in dire need of income in this moment. 

Since I've been thinking about starting a shop for the last decade, have spent the last 3 years developing my concept and connecting with awesome fair trade and sustainable brands through blogging, and then really narrowed down my first round of brands and products during my maternity leave over the winter, the ball was already rolling when COVID shut down the world.  

... but it has been wonderful.  I have worked hard to curate a collection of goods that can be mixed and matched across brands.  I've selected products that have been my favorites for years.  I've chosen things that are made with love and care from re-purposed materials.

... and I cannot wait to share everything with you!  Since the world is still moving slowly, I am hoping that I will be able to unveil Ethos Kolekto to all of you at the beginning of June... but until then... stay tuned for glimpses of what to expect from the shop here and on Instagram! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the scarf is fair trade and handmade
: the blouse is vintage and was plant-dyed
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade
: the bag 







1 comment on "The first round... "

  1. Great post dear ! Hope you are having a great week.
    I love your blog ♥

    ~Pooja
    beautybudget.in

    ReplyDelete