: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Putting it all together...

Monday, June 1, 2020

How do y'all put your outfits together?  

I've always loved getting dressed, and while some of my outfits totally miss the mark (hello, trying too hard to fit a mold or particular style), I think it's super fun to piece together outfits.  

... but I don't always start in the same place. 

Sometimes, I see something on Pinterest or in Instagram that I totally love and want to adapt from my closet.  Sometimes, I have a piece of jewelry or a scarf that I really want to wear, so the outfit springs up around those specific pieces.  Sometimes, I just want to wear a certain texture or be covered in a specific print or color.  

This particular outfit was about the jewelry and about playing with earth tones.  Since the necklace and bracelet are metallic, yet still earthy, I wanted to play around with neutral colors.  I don't usually think to mix grey with brown, but I think this worked.  Oh, and just about every piece of this outfit is fair trade, so that's kind of cool... 

In what ways to you create your outfits?  Leave me some comments to let me know! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade from recycled metal
: the tank is fair trade and handmade from organic cotton
: the necklace is fair trade and handmade from up-cycled bullet casings
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade from up-cycled bullet casings







Post Comment
Post a Comment