: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Walk like an Egyptian (Goddess costume)…

Sunday, October 5, 2014

            Oh hey, there, tout le monde!  I feel like I need to clear something up after my rant about fall the other day.  If you love fall, go ahead and love it.  But if you don’t really love it, it’s ok.  Love your own season and please, don’t mock me because I really do love colorful leaves, crunchy leaves, the smell of burning leaves, wearing scarves and sweaters, and drinking insane quantities of pumpkin coffee.  I just love fall.  And I won’t mock you with eye rolls and memes if you love winter, spring, or summer.  Promise.

            Anyway, let’s get down to business here.  It is an established fact that I am in love with fall.  I love the weather (even the dark, grey, cold, rainy days that I actually detest in the winter).  I love the colours.  I love the tastes.  Not just pumpkins… I’m talking candy… trick-or-treat candy… and trick-or-treat candy means one thing: HALLOWEEN! 

            We know that I love ghosts and scary stories (please leave me some in the comments section here… I’ve been scouring bookshops, the library, and the internet for creepy tales, but nothing gives me the heebie jeebies more than a good, old fashioned personal encounter).  I also love dressing up (as we saw from this steampunk castle picnic party post), so when I was contacted and asked to give a Halloween costume a test drive, I jumped at the chance!  I got to work with Wholesale Halloween Costumes and was overwhelmed by the wide array of choices they offer (and their 10% military discount)!
            After literally hours of deliberating, I opted for this Egyptian Goddess costume because it is sparkly and has lots of pieces and I really wanted a chance to wear my awesome gladiator sandals again!  This costume arrived about 2 weeks after I placed my order (which is something of a miracle living overseas!) and I am super pleased with it! 
            The pieces fit true to size, create a complete look, and make me feel pretty darn fabulous!  Because I tend to be a bit more modest with Halloween costumes and don’t always go for those sexy ideas that many favor, I have to say that I like this costume.  It isn’t too short, and though, I wore shorts under it for these photos, I don’t feel super exposed in it! I’m also kind of tempted to wear the necklace in an every day outfit (I could totes use it at a statement piece in a monochromatic outfit, right?).





Follow along with Blog Lovin! 

9 comments on "Walk like an Egyptian (Goddess costume)… "
  1. I've always had a thing for historical costumes, and I'd die to visit Egypt and all the pyramids to live the environment at least once! Looks like you created an Egyptian environment for yourself and you look lovely in it! :)

    Step in to Room 95 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!

    thefashiontea.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute costume!!!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Still sexy while leaving some things to the imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are having a great time! Love the Cleopatra look and the sandals you paired it with! So excited for Halloween, a reminder that I need to start looking soon:) Great pictures! Kris / VPI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah that actually looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness... this costume looks like a bunch of fun... BTW, I love fall... the smell of fall, hoodies, not bonfires because I don't like to smell like smoke...I love cider, scarves and cinderella pumpkins... so there's that...
    Hope
    www.hhdesignsblog.com

    ReplyDelete