: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday re-purposing, round 2...

Sunday, June 26, 2016


I think I might be a little bit obsessed... blame it on several sleepless nights spent on Pinterest, but seriously, I really think I'm on to something here with wearing clothes in ways other than they were initially intended to be work (see me wear a skirt as an infinity scarf HERE).

This time, I got the brilliant idea to turn an infinity scarf into a shirt!  How did I do this, you ask.  It's simple.  I laid the scarf out flat, stuck a couple of safety pins in the top to hold the scarf together where it wold drape over my shoulders, and voila!  Instant new shirt! It was perfectly breezy and I felt like a super hippie!   


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the shirt is a re-purposed scarf that is made from organic bamboo and cotton and eco-friendly dyes
: the necklace is fair trade
: the bracelets and rings were handmade and locally sourced 












9 comments on "#SustainableSunday re-purposing, round 2... "
  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved the way they all worked together!

      Delete
  2. great outfit!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pants, i love the outfit!
    Please check out: tfmbe.blogspot.com
    A new fashion inspiration blog, thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I also have some scarves that I could wear outside of their purpose, will try that soon. :)
    Enjoy your day!
    Xoxo, Victoria

    http://fashionstylebeautyandmore.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete