: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Hole-in-the-Wall...

Monday, May 15, 2017


Well friends, I've finally done it.  I've found the exact space on earth where I fit in!  And it's here, on the Hole-in-the-Wall trail at Mojave National Preserve.  SB and I were lucky enough to get a week off to do some exploring and so exploring is exactly what we did!  Our first stop was Mojave National Preserve, in California, just over the Nevada border.  Turns out, we've passed this place on every single one of our trips to my dad's in Ventura, but we never realized it.  Since our final destination was Ventura, we decided to check this place out. 

I seriously cannot wait to go back to explore this place again.  It has a huge and dense Joshua tree forest, petroglyphs, awesome trails, sand dunes, and some lava tubes that we'll have to rent a Jeep to come back and explore over summer break.  

One of the coolest things that we did was hike the Hole-in-the-Wall trail.  I know I've mentioned recently that one of my favourite things to do in life right now are things that make me feel strong, and for real, this trail made me feel like a warrior.  The rocks are all volcanic deposits and the holes in them were caused by the heating and cooling of magmic gases.  The mountains seriously look like Swiss cheese and were crazy fun to climb up and crawl around in (after searching them for snakes and spiders, of course), but the best part about this trail were the rings.  On several narrow passes, metal rings have been screwed into the sides of the rocks to help hikers climb.  I'd never seen anything like this and with just one small boost from SB, even with my bad knee, I was able to make my way up both ring passes like a champion!  

The views from the top of the trail were epic and as I said before, I cannot wait to make another trip out here! FYI- You can make it to this train without a high clearance vehicle! 










Post Comment
Post a Comment