: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Unexpected joy...

Monday, December 25, 2017

Happiest Christmas to all who celebrate!  This time last week, I was celebrating Christmas with my Daddio in wildfire country and this week, I'm celebrating with my Mum back near Chicago.  Covering these distances via car and via plane in the length of one week, but sometimes after waiting in endless lines has lead me to really think about the things that make those waits bearable.  

I've ended up finding joy in all sorts of things: someone's smile during a conversation, birds playing together, the smell of something delicious baking.  

I'm beginning to wonder if my deliberate mental decision to think about the good in situations that could cause a lot of anger (i.e. standing in long checkout lines, security lines, etc) have translated into some good Karma points.  

Why?  

Because although I wasn't counting on it, I was surprised with a white Christmas... which after having lived in the desert for a year and a half, is definitely a treat.  Yes, I was the weirdo out in the drive way without a coat while the snow was falling.

Worth it? 

You bet!  


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the sweater was thrifted
: the necklace is fair trade and handmade from re-purposed bullet casings
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the ring is fair trade and handmade
: the booties were hand-me-downs






SaveSaveSaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment