: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

Turtally versatile...

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Since I kicked off Monday with the sea turtle sarong from Beastly Threads, I figured I may as well round things out by showing off this adorable sea turtle tee from my pals over at Kindom.  I'm usually the kind of gal who likes to wear t-shirts with jeans or with super comfy, laid back ensembles, but I decided to play around with this one a bit.  I love the bright colours, shimmer in the screen print, and it kinda sorta totally matched a pair of my favourite thrifted trousers, so I added some wedge sandals and the look was born!  

I can easily imagine wearing a nice pair of jeans and heels and a blazer with this tee to dress it up more, and I can vouch for the fact that swapping the wedges out for flat sandals still totally made this look work.  

I always love garments that have lots of possibilities and this tee does just that.  It gets bonus points because it was designed by an artist with autism, sales generate donations for a foundation that benefits people with autism, it is made of hemp and organic cotton, and my favourite thing: it's a conversation starter.  

As I wrote on Monday, I love sea turtles.  The fact that they have been endangered for my entire lifetime really bothers me and I'm a fan of anything that will help spread more awareness about them! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the tee is made of hemp and organic cotton and generates donations for a charitable cause
: the trousers were thrifted
: the wrap bracelets is handmade and fair trade
: the earrings are handmade and fair trade 







SaveSave
Post Comment
Post a Comment