: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Moon & Star Ltd....

Sunday, October 28, 2018

Traveling and moving around quite a bit has certainly had an incredible impact upon my life.  Just last week, I was feeling a bit frustrated and woke up wanting to drive out to the desert to wander around in the harsh and wild, but quiet surroundings.  It took me several minutes to remember that I now live in Colorado and that I'm not in the desert anymore.  A few days later, I found myself missing spending fall in Germany.  

Today, my Sun and Stars (if you missed this on Instagram, hope over now to see find out about what I'm referring) took a walk in his town of Golden.  It reminded me quite a bit of fall in Germany and I absolutely loved having the opportunity to reconnect with nature.  

As you can see, I wore some rather fabulous and sparkly shoes on this adventure.  Sun and Stars and I (the Moon of his Life) kind of adore the fact that these happy shoes come from a company called Moon and Star Ltd.  How crazy is that? 

Anyway, these shoes were handmade in Turkey in a fair trade setting.  Everything made by Moon and Star is created by hand by local people/families.  Moon and Star does not use forced labor or child labor and pays a fair living wage to all of their artisans.  They also aim to give 10% back in profit sharing so that all of their artisans can make improvements and updates to their small shops or studios. 

I especially like them because they remind me of a trip I took to Turkey a few years ago.  While I was wearing these shoes, several times I looked at them and easily recalled the first time I heard a muezzin call.  I remembered how friendly our taxi driver to Ephesus was and how kind the people in town were.  I also really enjoy these shoes because they're different.  They are comfortable, but they tell a story.  Basically... they are something I'm proud to wear! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the blouse was a hand-me-down
: the earrings are handmade of sustainably-harvested butterfly wings
: the bracelets are handmade
: the rings are handmade
: the shoes are handmade and fair trade







Post Comment
Post a Comment