: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Yuggen...

Sunday, October 21, 2018


Hey, y'all!  I'm super stoked because after an almost 3-month hiatus from hiking, I finally had a chance to hit the trails today!  If you're anything like me, though, hiking requires lots of snacks (for real... I eat all day every day...), but I refuse to use single-use plastic bags and it just gets plain heavy trying to carry snacks in reusable glass containers. 

I'm so glad that I crossed paths with Yuggen, because they make these super handy silicone zipper bags that totally take the place of those wretched single-use bags to which we're all so addicted! 

While yes, these bags have a bit of a funky texture (kind of stretchy, kind of soft, kind of gummy), they are insanely easy to use.  Just slip the slider off the top, fill with snacks, and put the slider back on.  Everything is labeled to make it even easier.  When you're done, just wash the bags out with soap and water or toss them in the dishwasher and that's literally it!  

The bags are also super handy because they are air tight (so you could fill them with liquid if you like), and they're also safe for the freezer and the microwave.  I'm super stoked because I only own one set of glass food storage containers and a set of beeswax wraps, so these food saver bags will help me out when everything is in the dishwasher.  

I love these bags even more because for every purchase, Yuggen will plant a tree in Madagascar, Indonesia, or Nepal!  


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the top is made of organic cotton and bamboo
: the leggings are made of recycled plastic bottles
: the bags are eco-friendly and reusable







Post Comment
Post a Comment