: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with RokCork...

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Versatility is an absolute must when it comes to living sustainably. Finding products that are ethically made is one thing, but discovering products that can be used for multiple purposes kind of takes the cake! 

That being said, I have the privilege of introducing y'all to my newest sustainable partner: RokCork.  This company designs their cork products in Canada and has them made in Portugal, where cork grows naturally and abundantly.  Cork is an ideal material for bags and accessories because removing cork bark from trees doesn't harm the trees AND it is an incredibly durable natural fiber. 

The Carminda tote is from their new spring collection and I couldn't be more thrilled with it.  The quality of the cork is amazing and I love the studs.  They add a bit of extra detail and serve as feet, so if I have to set the tote down while I'm on the go, I won't get it dirty.  The inside of this bag is kind of amazing as well.  It has a water bottle pocket, an open pocket, and a zipper pocket.  

As far as versatility goes, at this point in my life, the Carminda is great for work (it's the ideal size for my laptop and other gadgets), would be perfect for travel with it's zipper closure on top, and it was perfect for a walk in to town to return my library books.  In the future, I could totally picture myself using it as a super stylish diaper bag.  The open interior pocket would be great for baby wipes and the water bottle pocket would be perfect for a baby bottle! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the sunglasses are sustainable bamboo
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the shirt was thrifted
: the handbag is fair trade and handmade from cork
: the shoes are fair trade and handmade







Post Comment
Post a Comment