: exploring sustainable fashion, the great outdoors, and an eco-friendly lifestyle :

#SustainableSunday with Handmade2Market...

Sunday, September 29, 2019

In high school, when I realized that I truly had an interest in fashion and in what was stylish, one of the bigger challenges I found myself battling was creating a selection of both black and brown accessories.  Especially when the seasons changed, I had a hard time finding pieces that I liked, that weren't too expensive, and that wouldn't clash.  

Now that I'm older and have made the switch to a more sustainable lifestyle, I've found that the black vs. brown accessories battle isn't so much of a fight.  Instead of owing multiple sets of belts, shoes, bags, etc. that worked well together, I've found myself searching for colorful accessories that will go with everything.  

Extra bonus points if they are fair trade and handmade! 

Recently on Instagram, I came across a super cute burnt orange bag.  It had pom pom details on the front and back and was shown both as a big tote bag and folded in with leather ties with more pom poms to make it a bit smaller.  The color was wonderful and the versatility of the style truly caught  my eye.  Because of this, I was thrilled when the makers of said wonder bag, Handmade2Market, sent me a message and asked me if I'd like to test drive one for myself.  

Needless to say, I totally jumped at the chance! The bag is even more gorgeous in person than it is in photos!  I can easily see myself using this tote in all four seasons and because I can adjust the size, it'll be great for weekend adventures before Tater Tot is born, but can expand to include his diapers, bottles, etc. if and when needed! I love knowing that it was hand-woven by indigenous Mayan artisans in the highlands of Guatemala and I know that these artisans are paid a fair living wage for their crafts-person-ship!  The quality of said crafts-person-ship is amazing and it is easily obvious that a lot of love went into the creation of this piece.  

If you don't believe me, scroll through these snaps and be sure to hop over to their site to see all of the gorgeous fair trade designs in their shop! 


What's sustainable about this outfit? 

: the sunglasses are made of sustainable wood
: the earrings are fair trade and handmade
: the top was a hand-me-down
: the pants are fair trade and handmade
: the bag is fair trade and handmade
: the bracelet is fair trade and handmade
: the sandals are fair trade and handmade







Post Comment
Post a Comment